The Everyman's right gives you the right of access to private land, but it also gives you the obligation to show respect and consideration to nature and landowners.
- walk, ski, cycle
- stay for a short period of time in any area where access is allowed (for example pitch a tent, as long as you're not too close to people's homes)
- pick wild berries, mushrooms and flowers that are not protected
- fish with hook and line and ice fish
You may not
- make fires without the landowner's permission
- disturb other people or damage environment
- disturb wild animals or nesting birds
All adults in Finland need to pay a fisheries management fee. Fishing permits can be bought online or from R-kioski. Under 18s and over 65s are exempt from paying. Hook and line fishing, ice fishing and fishing with a simple herring rig are general fishing rights and do not require a fishing permit.
For more information or to pay the fee online visit:
Campfires or other outdoor fires are not allowed during periods of forest or grass fire warnings or when there is an increased risk of the fire spreading due to wind or dry local conditions.
Fires are only allowed with the permission of the landowner.
Charging points for electric and hybrid cars
Charging points for electric and hybrid cars are found in the archipelago in the following places: Centre of Pargas, Nagu, Korpo, Houtskär and Iniö.
Maps of the charging points are found here: