Houtskär is a large area with many small villages. Here you can find beautiful boat houses, small, red cottages and a versatile nature. Many say that Houtskär has something little extra. Characteristics of Houtskär are the greenhouses with locally produced products and the special looking bus stops, which all look different on every island.
Places worth visiting in Houtskär:
- Borgberg – Nice view over Houtskär and all the way to Åland Islands.
- Träsk school’s playground – Activities for children and youth (football field, swings, climbing net etc.)
- Mossala Island Resort – Rental cabins, bicycles, kayaks and other activities, for example frisbee golf.
- The guest harbour with good food at Skagen, nice boats and the sea.
Restaurants in Houtskär worth visiting:
- Skagen – Nice view over the harbour and the sea.
- Hyppeis värdshus – Breakfast, lunch and dinner is served here for both hotel guests and passing through guests. Hyppeis värdshus is like a living room open for everyone. They use locally produced when possible and seasonal food products.
- Restaurant Eik (Mossala) – Buffet breakfast, dinner by the sea while sun is setting and events such as live music and dance.