Korpo is a huge archipelago area concisting of more than 2000 islands, islets and skerries. The larges island is called Korpo, as well as the whole area is, but also goes under the name main island. Norrskata is the second largest island. Fishing and maritime transport are important industries here. What differs Korpo from the other islands in Pargas Archipelago, is that Korpo is a perfect piece of the archipelago; it’s small and idyllic and you can fast and easily reach Korpo from main land.
Korpo has many places worth visiting – both in the woods and at open sea. The same goes for restaurants. Here is plenty of restaurants and especially ones with focus on locally produced food and quality. Here we want to give you our best tips:
Places in Korpo worth visiting:
- Barfotastigen – A nature trail that combines art with outdoor life. Suitable for all ages.
- Archipelago Centre Korpoström – Here you can find an interesting plastic exhibition, program for children and here is different kinds of programs.
- Aspö – This is a nice, idyllic little island with a beautiful chapel and nature. You can come here by the boat M/S Eivor, which is free of charge.
Restaurants in Korpo worth visiting:
- Restaurang Buffalo – Here you’ll find super nice ribs and hamburgers. There is a nice terrace and is located in a guest harbour.
- Restaurang Back Pocket (Hotel Nestor) – Food with locally produced products and good quality is served here. The menu is creative and varying.
- Restaurang Hjalmar’s – This restaurant is located central and has good lunch for a good price.